[EM] Another Grand Compromise

Jobst Heitzig heitzig-j at web.de
Thu Jan 20 15:36:16 PST 2005

Dear Forest!

Your grand compromise sounds very interesting and will make a good
occupation for me this weekend I guess :-) By the way, I was quite
annoyed to find a very simple example of only six candidates in which
the condorcet lottery probabilities are all but monotonic (which I will
also post in the next days). Perhaps your proposal has better
monotonicity properties...

Yours, Jobst

PS: I don't know of an efficient way to determine the Dutta set but
perhaps we will find one. However, whether there is a 3-element Dutta
set can be established in O(n^3) time by testing each pair for the
existence of a third which beats both.