[EM] Very brief Russ reply

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jan 18 23:46:05 PST 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

>  Russ continued:
>
> But it goes way
> beyond that. In the course of our discussions, I sent Mike a link about
> an analysis of the WTC collapse by a prestigious team of perhaps dozens
> of structural engineering experts. I don't have the link handy, but I
> recall that they won an award for their work.
>
>  I reply:
>
> Actuallly I receilved no such link. If Russ had one, he'd have included
> it in his posting.

You're right, Mike. I don't have one. I have about a dozen. Not that
they're hard to find. Here's a sampling of some very interesting
studies, analysis, and explanation, by professionals, of the WTC collapse:

http://wtc.nist.gov/
http://people.howstuffworks.com/wtc7.htm
http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2001/december5/wtc-125.html
http://www.fema.gov/library/wtcstudy.shtm
http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

As far as I can tell after a quick skim, not one of these sites even
mentions pre-installed explosives. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

> Was their award awarded by the Independent 9/11 Committee? :-)

No, I think it was awarded by some professional engineering society, but
I can't remember which one off hand. I wouldn't expect you to know
anything about those, of course. I'm sure their members include very few
theologians who "analyse" structural collapses and pull loony theories
out of their rear ends.