[EM] Re: electionmethods website is cancelled

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sat Jan 15 23:14:19 PST 2005

We NEED a committee.

Seems like it will need to appoint itself, for it NEEDS:
      To sort out keeping Election Methods alive and continuing to be useful.
      I see Russ and Mike as not qualified to be committee members.
      Russ offers a statement as witness below.

Assuming the committee agrees with Russ' statement:
      Ask Russ to continue maintaining Election Methods.
      Provide for review of any proposed updates to the site - almost
certainly even the best of us should not be doing such updating alone.
      Keep Russ and Mike out of each other's hair.

Notes:
      I understand Russ mentioning 9/11 in his witness statement, and have
STRONG opinions of my own on that topic.  However, the business of EM is
elections and extraneous material should not normally sneak in.
      I see good words about Condorcet, and feel we need better words to
successfully move ahead.
      I see PR mentioned.  I see EM saying nothing about PR beyond it
having possible utility, with others elsewhere exploring whether it is
worth doing and, if so, how.

                  If you want peace, work for justice.