[EM] Re: lotteries

Forest Simmons simmonfo at up.edu
Wed Jan 5 18:40:48 PST 2005

First I have a typo correction in my example (inspired by Bart) showing
that ordinal ballot methods satisfying neutrality and the Condorcet
Criterion are manipulable, even when non-deterministic.

I gave the last faction as  z C>B>A,  when I meant  z C>A>B.  The entire
corrected tableaux is

   x  A>C>B
   y  B>C>A
   z  C>A>B .

From: Forest Simmons <simmonfo at up.edu>
Subject: [EM] Re: lotteries

<snip>

> However, even though it is non-deterministic, and highly manipulation
> resistant, it is not totally manipulation free:
>
> (following Bart's critique on non-determinism...)
>
> Suppose that there are three factions with sincere preferences
>
>   x A>C>B
>   y B>C>A
>   z C>B>A ,

Now for James' message