[EM] The other strategies give the Acceptable/Unacceptable strategy

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:39:55 PST 2005

When I've  mentioned the Acceptable/Unacceptable strategy, I've spoken of as
if it's a separate strategy. Actually it would be the result of the other
expectation-maximizing strategies, for people who believe that there are
completely unacceptable candidtates who could win, or who consider the
candidates to be in 2 sets such that the merit differences within the 2 sets
are negligible compared to the merit difference between the 2 sets.

So Acceptable/Unacceptable needn't be listed as a separate strategy. But of
course, if you're one of those voters referred to in the previous paragraph,
and if you rate the candidates as described above, then Approval strategy is
especially simple and easy for you, and you needn't use any formulas.

Mike Ossipoff