[EM] optimal Condorcet truncation

Gervase Lam gervase.lam at group.force9.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 18:08:10 PST 2005

> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:33:39 -0800
> From: Russ Paielli
> Subject: [EM] optimal Condorcet truncation

> After thinking more about this proposition, I think the Approval formula
> (see http://ElectionMethods.org/Approval-formula.htm) applies to
> Condorcet voting also.

> If this has been suggested before, please let me know where. Thanks.

About a year ago this month, I sent a post to this list that applied
Weber's formulae to Condorcet.  I somehow worked out that ranking
sincerely was always the best strategy.  It did not matter whether it was
a 0-info, partial info or full info election.  In other words, it was not
very useful.

Thanks,
Gervase.