[EM] Wording of March strategy definition

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:00:01 PST 2005

I posted:

1. The choice of a way of voting to affect the outcome in a certain way
under certain specified conditions, when there isn't one obvious way of
voting that will always accomplish that under those conditions.

I comment:

Someone could ask me what I mean by "obvious", and I´d have to say "Leave it
out."

In fact, I should change "one obvious way..." to "any way".

Maybe it should be specified that it could refer to a way of voting by some
group of voters, rather than necessarily just one voter, but that seems
implied by the fact that I didn´t say different.

The premise conditions of SFC & GSFC are specified conditions such as I
refer to in that strategy definition.

This definition and one of the ones that I posted yesterday are just for the
purpose of saying what isn´t needed by some voters when the method is one
that meets SFC or GSFC. Just for the purpose of saying what "strategy" means
in the name "Strategy-Free-Criterion" or "Generalized Strategy-Free
Criterion".

I´m not saying that this definition, or the one that I posted yesterday for
the same purpose, couldn´t use any improvement, but they´re my best versions
at this time.

Mike Ossipoff