[EM] Schulze Condorcet algorithms in Python

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Feb 4 19:40:53 PST 2005

Folks,

I am in the process of cutting the amateur stuff from
ElectionMethods.org. As part of that process, I have replaced the
amateur Condorcet algorithms with professional versions. I have
programmed two variations of the Schulze Condorcet algorithm in Python
and posted them at:

http://ElectionMethods.org/Condorcet.py

I have taken these algorithms, with the author's permission, from the paper,

Markus Schulze, "A New Monotonic and Clone-Independent Single-Winner
Election Method," Voting Matters, issue 17, p. 9-19, Oct 2003.

I have done only very basic testing. If anyone has time to examine or
test them more thoroughly, your feedback is welcome. Thanks.

--Russ