[EM] Clock Methods

Forest Simmons simmonfo at up.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:23:08 PST 2005

Gervase,

Thanks for taking time to explore.  And nice text graphics for the clock!

It turns out that as long as you allow only strict rankings, the center of
gravity of the distribution will fall in the the four hour (i.e. 120
degree) sector of the clock face centered on the Borda winner, so that's
why I didn't suggest using the center of gravity approach.

And yes, it does generalize naturally to higher dimensional spheres.

But, because of "sprucing up" I am mostly interested in the three
candidate case.

My Best,

Forest

> From: Gervase Lam <gervase.lam at group.force9.co.uk>