[EM] Center for Range Voting Formed

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Aug 11 14:36:41 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 15:36 -0400, Warren Smith wrote:

> It was not dishonesty, it was simply reaching a higher level of
> mental sophistication.

I'm going to use this line if I ever get caught cheating on a test. ;)

As someone who has a rather bad habit of calling simple and honest
mistakes "lying", I can sympathize with your reaction.  Either way,
though, range voting isn't Condorcet compliant, as Condorcet is defined
by the concept of pairwise victories, which do simplify to the mere
greater than or less than considerations you're trying to avoid with
range voting.

Teehee,
Scott Ritchie