[EM] criteria questions

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Tue Aug 9 20:20:26 PDT 2005

 James Green-Armytage wrote:
> Hi folks.
> 	I have two questions:
>
> 1. Does the majority criterion plus the independence of
> clones criterion
> imply the mutual majority criterion?
> 2. Does the Condorcet criterion plus the independence of
> clones criterion
> imply the Smith criterion?

I don't know the specific answers to these questions, but from a purely
logical standpoint it seems to me that they should be phrased differently.

1.) Does the mutual majority criterion automatically imply the majority and
independence of clones criteria?
2.) Does the Smith criterion imply the Condorcet and independence of clones
criteria?

You can't build up a criterion from weaker critera, you can only define a
stronger criterion from which weaker criteria follow.