[EM] Re: Definite Majority Choice

Simmons, Forest simmonfo at up.edu
Wed Apr 6 13:05:34 PDT 2005

Russ and Ted,

I think it is a big mistake to talk about matrices and Condorcet when explaining this method to the public.

1. Explain that we list the candidates in order of approval, top to bottom, most approval to least.

2. Draw arrows that indicate pairwise defeats.

3. Delete all of the candidates that have downward directed arrows pointed at them

4. One of the remaining candidates will have arrows pointing at all of the rest of the remaining candidates.  This is the winner.

Let's don't confuse the method with the technicalities.

The technically minded can have their questions answered in a separate section.

Forest

Forest