[EM] Russ, 12 April, '05, 0530 GMT

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:54:19 PDT 2005

Unless I'm mistaken, Russ announced RAV as a new proposal. Then, later it
was pointed out (but not in a scolding way) that the method had been
previously proposed by someone else.

If the archives show that I was mistaken about that, that doesn't mean that
I lied. It merely means that I was mistaken. I said it only because it seems
to me that Russ announced RAV as a new propopsal, and that later someone
pointed out that it wasn't.

Russ says:

I still remember his pathetic lies about why he
dissociated himself from ElectionMethods.org. He claimed that I had
modified his definitions without his approval, which was a flat-out lie.

I comment:

"Flat-out lie". Russ feels that if he says something strongly enough,
emotionally enough, to show how much he at least claims to believe it, that
will convince others that it must be true.

Several people posted to EM to point out ambiguities and sloppiness in
definitions at electionmethods. org. In each such instance, they were
referring to Russ's rewordings of my definitions, and, in each instance,
they were correct: Russ's rewordings of those definitions were ambiguous and
sloppy. And, also in each such instance, when I posted my own definitions,
the ones that Russ had replaced with his sloppifications, it was agreed that
the sloppiness and ambiguity belonged to Russ's rewording, not to my own
definition.

Russ seems to forget that he's making that claim on the same mailing list
where these complaints about the sloppiness and ambiguity of his wording
were posted.

Mike Ossipoff