[EM] Demo of n-rank ballot for U.S. president

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sun Sep 12 01:35:48 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I spent the better part of today mucking around with Javascript and
DHTML, and have come up with something that I hope makes a pretty good
web interface for an n-rank ballot.  The results are here:
http://electorama.com/2004/condorcetballot/

The ballot has the nominated candidates for U.S. President from all
major and most ballot-qualified minor candiates from 2000 and 2004, in
addition to the major candidates vying for the Democratic and Republican
nominations in 2000 and 2004.

The most interesting part about this from a user interface perspective
is the sorttable.js that I found on http://www.kryogenix.org/ .  It
really helps one sift through a large number of candidates in a rational
way.

I don't have any immediate plans to incorporate this into something
larger, but I have eventual plans.  I would love to see someone beat me
to the punch.

Rob