[EM] Does MAM use the Copeland method?

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Wed Oct 6 14:58:43 PDT 2004

I guess y'all are missing my point.

A wins in the example ONLY because the method discards the C>A votes because
of the B>C>A set of ballots.

If we're trying to find something better than plurality, it needs to be
demonstrably better, and of course this example gives exactly the same
results as plurality, which is why examples aren't proofs.

But, to use the terminology and techniques y'all do, let's examine the
BALLOTS that result if B is not a candidate:

4: A>C
5: C>A

Adding B to the mix causes A to be elected, even though all voters who
prefer B over anybody voted A third of the 3.

So I ask again, if A should win, why should I prefer any method over
plurality?