[EM] Does MAM use the Copeland method?

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Wed Oct 6 12:13:19 PDT 2004

Ok, let us just get this straight. I don't give a flying flip about any
criterion, and I don't have a favorite method.

I merely observe from the original ballots that 5 of 9 voters prefer C over
A. So those are the ones who will be unhappy if A is elected.

That majority will initiate a referndum that changes the voting method
because it selected the "wrong" candidate from the VOTERS perspective.

You academics can say A is right, but if that is so, this just demonstrates
that Plurality does as well as anything.