[EM] Slashdot: An Analysis of Various Election Methods

Bill Clark wclarkxoom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 09:36:28 PDT 2004

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:36:01 -0700, Rob Lanphier <robla at robla.net> wrote:

> It's interesting to see how interest in IRV seems to naturally lead to
> interest in Condorcet

I think it depends on why people got interested in IRV in the first
place.  For people (like me) who are interested in eliminating the
spoiler effect, Condorcet (mostly) accomplishes what we originally
thought IRV could.

There are people who legitimately prefer the features of IRV, however.
 The folks at fairvote.org seem to fall into this category, and I
really don't think it's a matter of ignorance, just different
preferences.

-Bill Clark