[EM] Any anti-cyclic examples for Kemeny order?

mrouse1 at mrouse.com mrouse1 at mrouse.com
Wed Oct 6 16:46:26 PDT 2004

I was just wondering if there were examples of three-way circular ties
in that "unwind" the wrong way in the Kemeny order. For example, if the
cycle is A>B>C>A, it would put the order as A>C>B. (There is probably a
relatively trivial example somewhere on the net if there is, I just
don't remember seeing it). It also might be fun to see if there are
other examples of Condorcet methods that do the same thing.

The reason I'm asking is because Professor Donald Saari showed that the
Borda winner is always above the Borda loser in the Kemeny order, and
if  the cycle can only unwind one way it might be interesting to see if
there is an easier way to attack higher-order circular ties.

Mike
mrouse1 at mrouse.com