[EM] Approval with AERLO

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:20:33 PST 2004

When I mentioned  CR with AERLO & ATLO, I described one way someone could
use it, for 2-stage Approval voting, using CR as Approval.

Well, of course, what can be done when using CR as Approval could also be
done with Approval.

So I must take back my statement that the 2-stage Approval use of AERLO
makes CR with AERLO surpass Approval with AERLO. Of course it's still true
that AERLO makes sincere voting in CR much more strategically feasible than
it wouild otherwise be.

So, in Approval with AERLO,  place your AERLO line below the candidates whom
you'd vote for in Approval. Then, among the above-line candidates, vote for
the ones for whom you'd vote if the election were only between the
above-line candidates. In that way you can fully help an above-line
candidate whom you like more to beat an above-line candidate whom you like
less--while still doing all that you can to ensure that one of your
above-line candidates wins.

Mike Ossipoff