[EM] San Francisco pairwise tallies

Justin Sampson justin at krasama.com
Wed Nov 10 23:38:36 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm new to the list. I'm a San Francisco resident and a software engineer,
and I've recently gotten interesting in election methods. I have performed
some alternative tallies of our ranked-choice ballots from last week:

  http://www.sampsonsynergetics.org/ranked-choice-results.html

I'm a bit mystified by the problems they ran into trying to do the instant
run-off, since a full pairwise tally only took a few seconds on my old
laptop. Of course the software and hardware designs are proprietary so we
can't review them to understand what happened and how they fixed it...

Justin Sampson