[EM] CIVS update

Andrew Myers andru at cs.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 1 13:27:25 PST 2004

Hi all,

I thought people might be interested to know about some
recent improvements to the Condorcet Internet Voting Service at
http://www5.cs.cornell.edu/~andru/civs.

* It now implements three different completion rules, including
  MAM, Beatpath Winner, and a deterministic variant of MAM. If
  others want to contribute Perl modules that implement their
  favorite completion rules I would be amenable to adding it.
  The way to do this is reasonably clear from the existing code.

* It has a nicer user interface that uses Javascript to
  make it easier to express rankings, especially when there
  are a lot of alternatives. Comments, suggestions welcome.

* The web site has a pointer to the source code so you can
  see how it works.

Cheers,

-- Andrew