[EM] ATLO foils defectgion in James' example

Ken Taylor taylok2 at alum.rpi.edu
Sun May 30 09:12:01 PDT 2004

> Sorry, Mike, but I don't know what ATLO is. Please don't expect me to keep
> track of all your acronyms... there are just too many.

James:

In case you're still curious, and since Mike isn't playing nicely, ATLO (as
far as I can recall...) is a modification to condorcet where you specify a
threshold in your rankings, which is ignored unless there is a circular
result, in which case everyone below that line is truncated, and the vote is
re-counted.

AERLO is similar, except in the case of a circular tie, everyone above the
line is bumped up to first place (I think).

They are interesting techniques to consider when talking about condorcet
strategy problems...

Ken