[EM] Who Are We?

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Thu May 27 11:20:02 PDT 2004

> I was prodded to be curious about the question of "Who are the people on
> the EM list?" Are we academics? Hobbyists? Politicians?

I'm a Ph.D student in physics at the University of California-Santa
Barbara.  I work on theoretical and experimental studies of optical
materials.  On the side I'm still working on my proof that strong FBC is
impossible to satisfy with ranked methods (more on that in other threads),
and I hope to publish it eventually.

I'm a member of the Libertarian Party, partly because I agree with them on
a lot of things (but most certainly not everything!), and partly to
encourage the growth of third parties.  I think Democrats tend to be a
lesser evil relative to Republicans (with some exceptions), and
Libertarians are a lesser evil relative to the 2 parties.