[EM] Efforts to improve on CR's strategy

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Wed May 19 23:43:02 PDT 2004

Bart Ingles wrote:

>   The usual "sincere strategy" is to approve
> all candidates where CR is greater than the mean CR of all candidates.

I'm not sure if that was clear.  In other words, if a voter assigns a CR
of -0.4, 0.2, and 0.9 to each of three candidates in a 3-way election,
the voter should bullet vote, because only the 0.8 candidate is above
his .233 mean rating.

Note that when there are two candidates, only one can be above average
(unless the voter rates them exactly the same).

Bart