[EM] electoral college/Serious thoughts

Curt Siffert siffert at museworld.com
Sat May 1 20:41:01 PDT 2004

I could have sworn I read somewhere that it was actually based off of
forms
of government in Roman/Greek history.  I've always found the slavery
argument
offputting; just because it had an affect of helping the sovereignty
interests of all
states, some of which had a vested interest in slavery at the time, it
doesn't mean
the E.C. is racist.  (Not that that is what Adam said, but I've read
others saying
that.)