[EM] Has anyone counted the EM presidential poll voted in February & March?

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 12:45:01 PDT 2004

Has anyone counted the presidential poll that we voted on in February &
March of this year?

Several people strongly protested that I'd incorrectly added an "e" to the
end of McCain's name, suggesting that there was serious danger of mistaking
him for Michael Caine. If anyone has ranked or rated McCain thinking that he
was Michael Caine, then would you mind posting a corrected ballot in which
you rank and rate candidate McCain instead of Michael Caine?

If a candidate's name had been mis-spelled on an actual public ballot, that
of course would be even more of a hand-wringingly serious problem than it is
in the EM poll.

I agree that there were too many candidates. I felt, however, that every
nomination should be accepted. Maybe about 10 or so candidates would have
been a lot more convenient. I'd said that an advantage of so many candidates
is that we get truncation, so that we can observe its affect. But we also
might have gotten fewer ballots due to the great number of candidates on the
ballot.

Anyway, has anyone counted the ballots and reported the count results,
during one of the times when I was away from the mailing list? If so, when
was that count report posted?

By the way, if you're going to count the ballots, I changed my ballot at
some point, so only count my last ballot. I probablly only voted 2 ballots.
Maybe 3 at the most.

Mike Ossipoff