[EM] Strong SFC and Strong GSFC

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 21:22:01 PDT 2004

I'd like to name the properties that I asked for in a posting the other day:

Strong SFC is SFC with the clause "If no one falsifies a preference..."
removed.

Strong GSFC is GSFC with the clause "If no one falsifies a preference..."
removed.

[end of SSFC and SGSFC definitions]

I abbreviate those criteria as SSFC and SGSFC.

As I've said before, I consider SFC & GSFC to be the most important
properties of Condorcet. WV Condorcet.

It's reasonable to ask for those properties without the condition of no one
falsifying a preference.

I've defined NES (Nash Equilibrium Selection), and DSV has been discussed
here. I've recently defined AERLO and Stepwise AERLO  (SA)

I'ved suggested nested combinations of NES and DSV, in which those methods
could use any method as a base method, including eachother, allowing such
possibiilties as NES(NES(Condorcet wv)), or
NES(DSV(Approval), etc. This computer isn' t going to let me write the 2nd
right parenthesis that should go at the end of that. I'll try it again:
NES(DSV(Approval)).

Those combinations could incllude SA, which also takes a base method. So, as
a possible way to look for a  method that might meet SSFC, I suggest:

M1(M2(M3...(M1(M0))...),

...where M0 is the final base method, which could be Condrocet(wv) or
Approval, or maybe Bucklin, or maybe something else.

Other than M0, each M could be DSV, NES,  or SA. Any of those methods could
have the AERLO option.

When M0 is Condorcet wv or Bucklin, there could be a case for trying
Stepwise ATLO as M1.

That's my suggestion for trying to find a method that meets SSFC.

Instead of SGSFC, I prefer to start by asking for a method that meets the
slightly simpler and more modest SSFC.

Can anyone find a method that meets SSFC, or prove that SSFC is
unattainable?

Mike Ossipoff