[EM] please read quick question about Condorcet

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Mar 18 18:05:03 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Eric Gorr wrote:

> At 6:26 PM -0800 3/18/04, James Green-Armytage wrote:
> >	I was just wondering what sort of Condorcet tally methods have been
> >proposed to process ballots that are not only ranked, but where some
> >preferences are indicated as being stronger than others.
>
> Would seem to suffer from the same general strategic problems as
> Cardinal Rankings.

What strategic problems do CR style ballots introduce into "Condorcet
tally methods" that are not already there with ranked ballots?

Just because "CR" is strategically equivalent to Approval doesn't mean
that use of CR style ballots for Condorcet like methods can only result in
more Approval equivalent methods.

If Condorcet style ballots were counted by Borda rules, then would we
blame the strategy problems on the ballot style, or on the counting
method?

All in Peace,

Forest