[EM] Real Ballot Data & Analysis

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Fri Mar 5 17:07:07 PST 2004

At 12:26 AM +0000 3/6/04, James Gilmour wrote:
>We'll never know because we do not have access to the real ballots.
>You'll find papers by Brian Wichman and others on the generation of
>"plausible election data" in the journal 'Voting matters' and
>possibly elsewhere.

What do they argue?

>[snip] These realities would certainly affect the simulation of an
>STV-PR (multi-winner) election.

Well, as I pointed out, there are 15 cases in which just a single
winner was being looked for, in which case, doesn't STV become IRV?

And this certainly leads me to think that collecting more single
winner data would be quite useful, which is why I plan to make those
changes to my site.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu