[EM] Simulation results (Approval, utility, Schulze efficiency)

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 5 08:48:29 PST 2004

Bill,

 --- "wclark at xoom.org" <wclark at xoom.org> a écrit :
> Kevin Venzke wrote:
>
> > It's surely a fluke that "Two Evils" outperforms "Zero-Info" here.  I
> > have to doubt that random information could be better than none at all.
>
> I wonder if it might make sense to think of the random information as a
> signal that can be productively exploited to organize cooperative blocs of
> voters.

Well, I think the idea is that the media (or someone) could try to convince
the voters that the race is between two candidates (both of whom are the media's
favorites).

It is my impression that "Two Evils" increases the odds that one of the two
evils will win.  But I think my stats on that are tainted by the fact that
ties are resolved in favor of earlier candidates.  So I suppose I should try
making the LAST two candidates the two evils.

I'll post some more results when I get them.  (E.g. more factions, info on
odds of "Two Evils" making an "evil" win, info on scenarios with no CW.)

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr