[EM] There's nothing wrong with Average Rating.

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Tue Mar 2 11:41:20 PST 2004

At 8:28 PM -0800 3/1/04, Ken Johnson wrote:
>So the ideal of the "perfect voting system" is unattainable in the
>real world because people exaggerate and misrepresent their
>preferences (i.e., they lie).

I just remembered this...

As an almost off-topic side note, there was a story by Asimov, I
believe, in which statistical analysis had become so advanced that a
computer was able to select a single citizen who simply would,
whether they lied or not (for such things were taken into account),
select the winner who would have won had everyone been allowed to
vote.

I am blanking on the name of the story, but it was a rather good one.

Perhaps Asimov could be credited with the 'perfect' voting system.