[EM] please read quick question about Condorcet

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Thu Mar 18 15:22:08 PST 2004

Hi folks,
	I was just wondering what sort of Condorcet tally methods have been
proposed to process ballots that are not only ranked, but where some
preferences are indicated as being stronger than others. For example, a
vote may look like this:

Kucinich > Nader >> Dean >> Kerry > Edwards >> Clark >>> Lieberman >>>>
Bush

	For example, I have heard of one where, if there is a majority rule
cycle, the lowest-priority preferences on each ballot are changed to
equalities. I'm wondering if anything else has been proposed along these
lines.

thank you!
James