[EM] please read quick question about Condorcet

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Thu Mar 18 16:30:02 PST 2004

At 6:26 PM -0800 3/18/04, James Green-Armytage wrote:
>	I was just wondering what sort of Condorcet tally methods have been
>proposed to process ballots that are not only ranked, but where some
>preferences are indicated as being stronger than others.

Would seem to suffer from the same general strategic problems as
Cardinal Rankings.

People would quickly find that they should either use a single '>' or
as many '>'s as they possibly could, minimizing the usefulness of the
additional information to the point where there doesn't seem to be a
compelling reason to bother.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu