[EM] Top Three Condorcet

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Thu Jun 10 18:46:02 PDT 2004

HELP:  Need some input for the Jargon Dictionary - Who is right, Forest or
myself?

Forest is proposing a "class of methods" (see below) in which the ballots
include both rankings, as we expect for Condorcet, AND ratings or grades,
as are used in some other methods.

  I do not object to his offering a class of methods - that is expected in
EM and, occasionally, something good comes of it, BUT:
      Forest uses "Condorcet" in the group name.
      I claim that word should be reserved for methods using the ranked
ballots I (and others) expect for Condorcet methods.

Dave Ketchum

                   If you want peace, work for justice.