[EM] Approval is not "one person, one vote"

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 5 10:17:02 PDT 2004

I  read Olli's mail last time but I am sorry that I have to disagree
with Adam.

Olli showed that putting some restrictions (by the mistress) allows to
obtain an equivalent to approval that
is conducted as several FPTP rounds. However, these restrictions muzzle
some voters at some rounds (read well Adam,
some of those kids have to gang behind one of the contestant, they
cannot chose). Clearly, during these steps, the process
gives a choice to some voters, not to others. In my humble opinion, Olli
showed with a great thoroughness (spelling?) that
approval is not "one person one vote" at every round, thus at a whole.

I am with Tom on this one...
But I am maybe one the rare EM members to rank approval under IRV for
that reason.
Steph