[EM] Re: Definition of fully voting one candidate over another

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 2 15:28:01 PDT 2004

Mike,

 --- MIKE OSSIPOFF <nkklrp at hotmail.com> a écrit : >
> Kevin wrote:
>
> What is gained by using this wording, instead of just saying "A voter V
> fully votes X over Y if when V is the only voter and X and Y are the
> only candidates, X is the unique winner"?

Thank you for answering this question.

>> I am interested in how you define "merely voting X over Y," I believe was
>> the wording you used.
>
> I don't define "merely votintg X over Y". But I define voting X over Y, and
> most dictionaries define "merely". So I leave it to you to put those 2
> definitions together, to figure out what it means to merely vote X over Y.

When you've already answered a question, some people say "see above" rather than
criticizing the person for not guessing that the question would already be
answered.

>I said "Merely voting X over Y", because I thought that it would clarify the
>distinction from fully voting  X over Y. But if that will confuse you, then
>leave out the word "merely". Pretend that I merely said "Voting X over Y",
>instead of saying "merely voting X over Y".

Of course I only used the word "merely" in my question to distinguish from
"fully voting," so that you would not criticize me for asking for a definition
that I should already know.

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr