[EM] Enacting in Law

bql at bolson.org bql at bolson.org
Tue Jun 22 01:50:02 PDT 2004

So, anyone up for submitting things to their state legislators to get these
things enacted at the local/state level?

I'm planning on handing the following to my presumptive state assembly-member
at a little meet & greet event on wednesday.

http://bolson.org/voting/CA_ElectionsCodeDraft/ElectionSystemsCode.txt

I aim to define several election systems so that any of them may be used in
elections in California. I want to leave open the choice between several
systems because the tradeoffs between theory and practicality will not be clear
untill all have been tried. The law should be stated that the elections
official in charge (secretary of state, etc) shall be able to choose the method
that seems to fit the demands of technology, culture and theoretical virtue of
the various systems.

Brian Olson
http://bolson.org/