[EM] mayor of London

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Wed Feb 11 03:16:02 PST 2004

"MIKE OSSIPOFF" <nkklrp at hotmail.com> writes:
>Should the nominees have to be American? Unless people object that
>nominees
>have to be American, I nominate the mayor of London, a refreshingly
>outspoken and perceptive individual.

I think that the nominees should fit the laws regarding who is eligible
for the office of president of the U.S. Which means being born in America.
And it also means being at least, what is it... 35? I don't know what
else. Not that it makes a big difference... it's just more realistic this
way, more applicable. Otherwise we might as well be voting for the
president of candyland or something.

James

P.S. Which makes me realize that this whole thing might be a little boring
for our non-American list members. So maybe next time we can have a
president of the world poll or something, I dunno. For those not in
America, let me say that election fever is happening in a big way over
here... especially among people who have elaborate daydreams about Bush
dying a horrible death.