[EM] "Implied ranked choice" method

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Tue Aug 31 13:58:45 PDT 2004

At 8:50 PM +0000 8/31/04, Rob Brown wrote:
>Instead of the voters having to rank candidates, they just vote like they do
>today, for a single candidate.  But each candidate would provide the list of
>second choice candidates.  So if I vote for Nader, I am automatically voting
>for a ranked choice list, with Nader at the top, but which is Nader's idea of
>who else would be the best alternative choices.
>
>Has anyone ever proposed such a thing?

Yes.

With software, providing such a feature would be trivial. Each
candidate could provide their preferred ranking, a Political Party
could provide theirs, various political groups could provide theirs,
etc.

The voter could select one of these rankings or would always have the
option of doing it themselves...some voters will take the time to
educate themselves.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu