[EM] "Proxy ranking" versus "proxy approval"?

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Mon Aug 16 01:42:17 PDT 2004

>An alternative would be to take more of a "proxy approval vote" approach:
>if
>more than one of the proxies on my list actually do vote (or further
>delegate
>my vote to someone who does), then my vote is split evenly between all of
>them.

	Okay. Again, I suggest a compromise: when voters fill out a proxy list,
they can be given the option of equal rankings. Thus, if they really don't
want to make up their mind between favoring one of two or three people
whom they fully trust, they can rank them as tied for first place... and
the vote would simply be split two or three ways.
	I think that it is important to give people the option of ranking their
proxies hierarchically. If they trust several proxies equally, then sure,
they should be able to indicate that. If not, then they should be able to
indicate that, too.

my best,
James Green-Armytage