[EM] "Proxy ranking" versus "proxy approval"?

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sat Aug 14 10:05:26 PDT 2004

I don't think "proxy approval" would be a descriptive name for a method
that splits votes into fractions.  "Proxy cumulative voting" would be a
more appropriate title, since all of the fractions add up to one vote.

If it were known that multiple proxy delegates could not vote for the
same candidate, then true proxy approval would be possible-- each proxy
would cast a full vote for a different candidate.  Otherwise, two
proxies voting for the same candidate would be equivalent to someone
voting twice.