[EM] Re: IRV letter

wclark at xoom.org wclark at xoom.org
Tue Apr 27 11:00:03 PDT 2004

Adam H Tarr wrote:

> If there was an IRV movement where I lived, I would argue with the
> people in charge of it, and failing convincing them, I would publicize
> information about IRV flaws and the better alternatives.  But if all my
> efforts failed, and I was in the voting booth, I would vote yes on an
> IRV initiative.

I'd argue with the people in charge as well, but I might hold off on
publicizing any flaws with IRV.  I don't just plan on voting yes myself, I
also want other people to vote yes, and publicizing flaws with IRV seems
somewhat counter to that goal.

I think that on the surface at least, the messages should be in alignment
-- vote yes on the IRV referendum.  I might try to sneak in little
pointers to additional information sources, where a diligent someone might
end up becoming familiar with various IRV flaws (but those people I'd
trust to make a more informed decision anyway.)

-Bill Clark

--
Protest the 2-Party Duopoly:
http://votenader.org/