[EM] Re: IRV letter

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Tue Apr 27 08:51:06 PDT 2004

At 11:23 AM -0400 4/27/04, wclark at xoom.org wrote:
>Eric Gorr wrote:
>
>>  I don't consider the likelihood of the failure [to select the CW]
>>  to be relevant with respect to IRV.
>
>Why not?  If IRV does a better job than Plurality of selecting the CW (a
>point you don't seem to be refuting) then why shouldn't it be used instead
>of Plurality?

To draw on what I consider to be an equivalent analogy....

What do you get when you have an drop of water and a gallon of sewage? Sewage.
What do you get when you have a drop of sewage and a gallon of water? Sewage.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu