[EM] Weak INI -- three possibilities

Richard Moore moore3t1 at cox.net
Mon Apr 12 20:11:03 PDT 2004

One more observation: The second criterion in my previous message
(quoted below) could be referred to as Weak Independence from
Contradictory Information. Loosely stated, ICI means "A method's
results should not depend on information that contradicts those results".

The strong form of ICI would be: "If X wins and Y loses, and Y has a
beatpath to X through Z, and X does not have a beatpath to Y through
Z, then removing candidate Z from all ballots, leaving those ballots
otherwise unchanged, shall not cause Y to win and X to lose."

The last criterion below is the best statement I can find that fits
the designation, "Weak INI".

  -- Richard