[EM] proxified electoral college (was: PR vs Single-Winner Reform)

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Fri Apr 9 00:29:06 PDT 2004

Okay, now I'm replying to myself. (...weird!...)

>	Probably the official method should be majority rule. That is, successive
>votes until one candidate receives a majority. Or even plurality would
>work fine.

	Really, there's no need to use plurality. The electoral college is
supposed to choose a president by majority anyway. I suppose that if the
convention totally broke down and no majority formed, then you could use
that weird house of representatives tiebreaking procedure that's already
in the constitution. But really, I don't think that would ever happen.

James