[EM] Is strategic voting a bad thing, really?

Rob LeGrand honky1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 10:05:02 PDT 2004

Bill Clark wrote:
> Does anyone know of any additional analysis or research into the question
> of how various election methods behave under an assumption of perfect
> information?  (And thanks to those who have already posted such
> references.)

Please see Lorrie Cranor's work on Declared-Strategy Voting at

http://lorrie.cranor.org/dsv.html

Much of her dissertation is closely related to your line of thought.
Unfortunately, plurality still suffers from the Duverger effect even when
used with DSV.  I'm currently working on DSV with approval voting and
trying to show that it is much superior in many ways.

=====
Rob LeGrand, psephologist
rob at approvalvoting.org
Citizens for Approval Voting