[EM] What I mean by "strong FBC"

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:55:02 PDT 2004

A number of ways have been suggested for making FBC more demanding. Here's
what I meant by "strong FBC", when I said that ERBucklin(whole) meets Strong
FBC:

Strong FBC:

A voter has a "favorite" if there's 1 candidate whom that voter prefers to
every one of the other candidates. That candidate is hir favorite.

In a particular election, by voting another candidate equal to or over hir
favorite, a voter shouldn't gain an outcome that s/he prefers to every
outcome that s/he could get in that election without voting another
candidate equal to or over hir favorite.

[end of strong FBC definition]

As I said, when I say "Bucklin", I mean ERBucklin(whole).

Mike Ossipoff