[EM] Condorcet subject to burying

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sat Apr 3 06:56:01 PST 2004

IMO a Condorcet winner weak enough to have the election stolen through
strategy probably deserves to lose the election.  Regardless of the
cycle breaking method, a weak CW is subject to prisoner's dilemma, and
to what could be called "apathetic truncation."  Neither should be
considered a real-world problem, since they merely move the result in
the direction of approval voting.

Bart