[EM] Draft of CVD analysis about IRV vs. Condorcet Voting

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Fri Apr 2 22:23:02 PST 2004

to Ralph Suter,

	I liked this letter a lot. I especially liked the part where you took
issue with Amy's treatment of Condorcet! I read that book too, and the
part on Condorcet which you cited really bothered me. And the Lijphart
quote, wow! I also agree that the 'punishing candidates who take clear
stances on issues' part of the draft, which was the central argument, is
poorly supported. I also agree that IRV retains many of the polarizing
tendencies of plurality, and this is bad news.

my best,
James