[EM] Participation criterion: a thought

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Sun Sep 21 09:15:08 PDT 2003

At 12:13 PM +0200 9/21/03, Kevin Venzke wrote:
>But in most Participation failure examples
>I've seen, the same candidate is not the winner in both sets.  For example,
>for MCA:
>
>5 A>B>C
>4 B>C>A
>
>add in: 2 C>A>B
>
>The winner of the two sets of votes are A and C.  Combined, the winner is B.

What method did you use to determine that:

   5:A>B>C
   4:B>C>A
   2:C>A>B

was B?

Whether you add in those last two votes are not, I compute the winner
to be A under RP(wv) (http://www.ericgorr.net/condorcet/).

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu